3.994 3-D graphics; Chinese stacks (52)

Fri, 2 Feb 90 20:32:40 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 994. Friday, 2 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 2 Feb 90 11:29 EST (17 lines)
From: N_EITELJORG@cc.brynmawr.edu
Subject: 3-d graphics for psychology experiments

(2) Date: Thu, 1 Feb 90 10:20:14 EST (14 lines)
From: unhd!psc90!jdg@uunet.UU.NET (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "Chinese character stacks; response to J.C. Baker"

Date: Fri, 2 Feb 90 11:29 EST
From: N_EITELJORG@cc.brynmawr.edu

Sorry to say that I lost the original message while cleaning the file,
but someone wanted to know about 3-d graphics programs for representing
relationships in psychology studies. A number of computer-assisted
drafting and design (CADD) programs should do the job. Although AutoCAD
(release 10 only for 3-d) is the best know, it's expensive and probably
overkill. One should be able to find a half-dozen or more PC programs
which can handle 3-d positioning adequately. Be sure to have fully
3-dimensional locations supported (and enterable from the keyboard);
colors and layers would be helpful I suspect; attributes and blocks
would also be helpful. It will take some time be locate the *right*
program, but, in the process, I think one may find that a good program
will provide some surprising benefits and make possible some new ways of
looking at the relationships.
Nick Eiteljorg (n_eiteljorg@brynmawr)