3.1002 SGML; hanzi; pingpong; bibliographic managers (105)

Mon, 5 Feb 90 20:43:39 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1002. Monday, 5 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 05 Feb 90 10:49 CST (17 lines)
From: A10PRR1@NIU
Subject: SGML

(2) Date: Mon, 5 Feb 90 10:40:22 EST (30 lines)
From: J.C.Baker@newcastle.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 3.984 queries, various and interesting (135)

(3) Date: Mon, 5 Feb 90 12:01:00 EST (11 lines)
From: DENNIS CINTRA LEITE <FGVSP@BRFAPESP>
Subject: RE: 3.991 antisocial MLS? Intelex? pingpong virus? (62)

(4) Date: Sun, 4 Feb 90 20:32:22 EST (17 lines)
From: Daniel Boyarin <BOYARIN@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: 3.996 queries, fascinating (112)

Date: Mon, 05 Feb 90 10:49 CST
From: A10PRR1@NIU

authoritative, published definition of SGML":

I don't know if this fits all the conditions, but you might try
James H. Coombs, et al., "Markup Systems and the Future of
Scholarly Text Processing," COMM. OF THE ACM, vol. 30, no. 11 (Nov.
1987), 933-47
and
Thomas W. Smith, "Desktop Publishing in the University," ACADEMIC
COMPUTING, May 1989, pp. 26ff.

Phil Rider
Northern Illinois University