3.1007 MacAdemia 1990 (58)

Mon, 5 Feb 90 20:57:13 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1007. Monday, 5 Feb 1990.

Date: Sat, 3 Feb 90 00:22 EST
From: Bob Taylor <BOBT@UORDBV>
Subject: MacAdemia'90 conference in Rochester, NY

Dear Humanists,

MacAdemia'90, a conference to focus upon the effective uses of
Macintosh technologies in support of university education, will be
held in Rochester, New York from May 29 through June 1. MacAdemia
is being co-hosted this year by the University of Rochester,
Rochester Institute of Technology, and Apple Computer. I'm working
on the Program Committee for the conference, and I hope that we'll
have a strong track in the humanities.

If you have developed new and effective ways to use the Macintosh in
your research or in your campus classroom or lab, please consider
sharing your experience with others at this year's MacAdemia. I'm
expecting 600 to 900 people to attend this year's conference, a mix
of educators and computing staff. Apple Computer will pay for all
travel and conference expenses for presenters on the conference
program.

If you'd like to receive a copy by electronic mail of the call for
proposals and the presentation proposal form, drop me a note. I'll
send it to you right away. You may submit your presentation
proposal by e-mail, fax, or snail mail. Proposals should be
"postmarked" by February 16, 1990. We'll be notifying presenters
in early April.

MacAdemia was hosted by Brown University last year; MacAdemia'88
was held in Philadelphia, co-hosted by the University of Pennsylvania and
Drexel. Preference is given to proposals submitted from schools in Apple's
Northeast Region, but a limited number of outstanding proposals from other
regions can make the final program.

Cheers,

Bob Taylor
Faculty Computing Resource Center