3.1079 classical lexica; humans and machines (68)

Tue, 20 Feb 90 22:46:56 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1079. Tuesday, 20 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 09:46:00 EST (29 lines)
From: DJT18@hull.ac.uk
Subject: format for computerized classical lexica

(2) Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 17:03 EST (13 lines)
From: <EDHARRIS@CTSTATEU>
Subject: Humans and machines

Date: Tue, 20 Feb 90 09:46:00 EST
From: DJT18@hull.ac.uk

Preliminary Notice

The Electronic Scholiast

A Conference to Develop a Standard International Format for Computerized
Classical Lexica

to be held in July, 1991 at the University of Leeds, UK

The conference will bring together scholars from different countries who
are actively involved in developing computerized dictionaries of Greek
and Latin and those who are developing uses for such dictionaries in
automated lemmatizers, parsers, translation aids and intelligent tutors.
The conferees will identify and coordinate the needs and possibilities
faced both by developers and the reports of the Text Encoding
Initiative, (especially those on lexical structure and the encoding of
dictionaries) to Greek and Latin.

For more information or if you are interested in participating, please
contact either

Prof Francis Cairns, The School of Classics, The University of Leeds,
Leeds LS2 9JT, England, tel 0532 333538; of Prof Daniel McCaffrey,
Classics Department, Randolph-Macon College, Ashland, VA 23005, USA
tel 804 752-7276.