3.1135 e-publishing SIG; e-address problem (52)

Mon, 5 Mar 90 20:57:35 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1135. Monday, 5 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: Sat, 3 Mar 90 00:15:25 EST (16 lines)
From: (Robert Philip Weber) WEBER@HARVARDA
Subject: Electronic Publishing sig

(2) Date: Sat, 3 Mar 90 11:11:51 EST (17 lines)
From: David.A.Bantz@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Re: 3.1125 a fascination of queries (152)

Date: Sat, 3 Mar 90 00:15:25 EST
From: (Robert Philip Weber) WEBER@HARVARDA

In a recent Humanist, Leslie Burkholder <lb0q+@andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

>The list of professional societies represented on HUMANIST recently
>posted by Bob Kraft included: Electronic Publishing Special Interest
>Group (Newsletter) [Cover].
>Could someone please provide me with information about this group?

Could whoever answers this query please post to the list also, since
I am interested in the answer too.
Thanks.
Bob Weber
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------29----
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 90 11:11:51 EST
From: David.A.Bantz@mac.dartmouth.edu

"Unknown" in this case means, of course, unknown to ASUACAD. Machines can
refuse to accept and store mail except from senders explicitly given
permission (just as most refuse to accept logons unless "known"). Your mail
clearly DID arrive at the host. Your correspondent will have to get the
system administrator to allow incomming mail from you.

--- KRAFT@PENNDRLS wrote:
When I try to contact Peter Lafford who is IDPAL@ASUACAD, the messages
are returned from ASUACAD with the line "Unknown network sender PENNDRLS
KRAFT"
I'm pretty sure I exist and my address exists (Peter Lafford wrote to me
successfully at that address!)