3.1244 Gramcord? Display Write? DTP? (69)

Fri, 30 Mar 90 23:29:42 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1244. Friday, 30 Mar 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 12:45:29 MES (13 lines)
From: Alfred Suhl <ANT01@DMSWWU1A>
Subject: Gramcord - call for help

(2) Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 12:34:04 BST (11 lines)
From: MFZXREP@CMS.MANCHESTER-COMPUTING-CENTRE.AC.UK
Subject: display write with HP laserjet

(3) Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 16:44:16 EST (20 lines)
From: ASDF <sop@Athena.EE.MsState.Edu>
Subject: Laserwriters vs. typesetting

Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 12:45:29 MES
From: Alfred Suhl <ANT01@DMSWWU1A>

I am working with GRAMCORD, edition 1987, and I should like to gramcord
not entire biblical books, but just parts of them. To put in for instance
>gramcord pm 1:3-5< results in "illegal command", the restriction is ignored.
Of course I do not want to gramcard pm 1:3-5, but I think it would be very
helpful for structural exegesis to let the computer find out what sort of
words there are in a pericope I want to deal whith. Is there anyone who
had the same problem and can give me a hint, what I can do? Thanks to all
for reading this - and especially to those who would like to answer me.
Alfred Suhl.
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------23----
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 12:34:04 BST
From: MFZXREP@CMS.MANCHESTER-COMPUTING-CENTRE.AC.UK

Does anyone out there know how to correctly figure Display Write PDT
files for the HP Laserjet. We have managed to get various pitch sizes
but cannot get them italicised. If you can help, please send the
escape sequences or other advice to,
MFZXREP@UK.AC.MCC.CMS (EARN)
G.PERCIVAL@UK.AC.MANCHESTER (JANET).
(3) --------------------------------------------------------------30----
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 90 16:44:16 EST
From: ASDF <sop@Athena.EE.MsState.Edu>

Is it possible to do the entire job of typesetting camera ready copy for
a publication which requires half-tones and paste-ups with a machine
such as a PS/2 in conjunction with a laser printer and a desktop
publishing package such as PageMaker or Ventura Publisher? Also, if one
does not own a scanner, would it be cheaper simply to let the
type-setter do the entire job of type- setting rather than paying
someone with a high quality scanner to scan photos and graphics into the
Desktop publisher or trying to talk the type-setter into charging only
for the paste-up fee? Also, I would like the email address for anyone
at U. of Mass. at Amherst who has had some experience with doing such a
job using PageMaker. The editor of our publication would like to see
exactly what it takes to perform such a task. Thanks.

Phillip McReynolds
Mississippi State University