3.1256 Auerbach's Figura found (25)

Tue, 3 Apr 90 22:03:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 1256. Tuesday, 3 Apr 1990.

Date: Mar, 03 Avr 90 11:12:03 SET
From: Michel Pierssens <PIERSENS@FRP8V11>
Subject: Auerbach

Thanks to W. McCarty and M. Sperberg-McQueen for tips about Auerbach's
german version of FIGURA. I was finally able to locate a copy in the
Bibliotheque Nationale. It was catalogued as a monograph in an obscure
section of one of the card files catalogues (anyone who has ever worked
in the BN knows what I am referring to). FIGURA was published in
Istambul in 1944 in a collection of essays under the general title Neue
Dantestudien. My student is now at work on his french annotated
translation: I hope to see it in print some time. If it happens,
HUMANIST will be the first to know.
Michel Pierssens
R22750 at UQAM
PIERSENS at FRP8V11