4.0022 Short Responses on 4 Topics (48)

Wed, 9 May 90 17:45:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0022. Wednesday, 9 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 8 May 90 20:31 EDT (10 lines)
From: MERIZ@pittvms
Subject: Bhagavad Gita quotation

(2) Date: Tue, 8 May 90 20:24 EDT (12 lines)
From: MERIZ@pittvms
Subject: 2400 baud modems

(3) Date: Tue, 8 May 90 15:28 PST (12 lines)
From: <YOUNGC@CLARGRAD>
Subject: Addition to Donow's collection

(4) Date: Tue, 08 May 90 13:50:33 -0700 (15 lines)
From: Malcolm Brown <mbb@jessica.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: siegen arrangements

Date: Tue, 8 May 90 20:31 EDT
From: MERIZ@pittvms

I believe the passage from the Bhagavad Gita quoted by J. Robert
Oppenheimer: "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds", occurs in
Chapter 10, verse 34. However, I cannot identify the translation.

-Diana Meriz
meriz@pittvms