4.0061 Notes and Queries (100)

Wed, 16 May 90 17:34:02 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0061. Wednesday, 16 May 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 16 May 90 14:14 CDT (10 lines)
From: Mary Massirer <MASSIRERM@BAYLOR.BITNET>
Subject: new book

(2) Date: Tue, 15 May 90 20:44 EST (47 lines)
From: "David L. Barr" <DBARR@WSU.BITNET>
Subject: Humanist topics et cetera

(3) Date: Tue, 15 May 90 20:36:38 EDT (7 lines)
From: farrukh <FBHJJ@CUNYVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0046 Notes and Queries (81)

(4) Date: Wed, 16 May 90 9:43:36 EDT (10 lines)
From: Geoffrey Rockwell <Geoffrey_Rockwell@poczta.utcs.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Thanks for the Max

Date: Wed, 16 May 90 14:14 CDT
From: Mary Massirer <MASSIRERM@BAYLOR.BITNET>

I'd like to recommend, for your summertime edification, a new book by
Page Smith called *Killing the Spirit: Higher Education in America*
published this year by Viking Penguin. Since I have no Ph.D and no
tenure, I was delighted to hear him condemn both systems. I have not
gotten to the chapter called 'The Inhuman Humanities' but it promises to
be interesting. Mary Massirer (massirerm@baylor)