4.0077 Forms of Address (51)

Sat, 19 May 90 19:32:09 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0077. Saturday, 19 May 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 17 May 90 17:13 PDT (9 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0058 Addressing Students and Others (100)

(2) Date: Fri, 18 May 90 09:27:47 EDT (20 lines)
From: Michael W Jennings <MWJENNIN@PUCC>
Subject: Re: 4.0058 Addressing Students and Others

(3) Date: Fri, 18 May 90 16:14:55 BST (22 lines)
From: DEL2%phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk@NSFnet-Relay.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [4.0065 Forms of Address (81)]

Date: Thu, 17 May 90 17:13 PDT
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>

I expect to be called Mr. Some call me Professor. Some call me Dr., a
usage I f ound common out here when I came in 1961. My mother used to
laugh and asked me for my Rx for what ailed her, an allusion to my
opting out of medicine, for wha t? Poetry, believe it or not. I must
have been mad. I was. Kessler