4.0099 TeX answer; Scanner query (35)

Tue, 22 May 90 17:36:22 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0099. Tuesday, 22 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 22 May 90 10:21 CDT (24 lines)
From: A10PRR1@NIU
Subject: TeX sources

(2) Date: Mon, 21 May 90 13:02:05 EDT (11 lines)
From: psc90!jdg@dartvax.dartmouth.edu (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "Queries on scanners & OCR"

Date: Tue, 22 May 90 10:21 CDT
From: A10PRR1@NIU

In Re: Charles Faulhaber's request for sources of TeX:

Personal TeX, In.
12 Madrona Ave.
Mill Valley, CA 94941
(415)-388-8853

ArborText Inc.
535 West William St.
Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(313)-996-3566

There are probably other sources, but these are the ones I know.
I've tried both and like the Personal TeX version best--it's easier
to install and seems to require less memory. I'm not a TeX pro,
though, so pay attention to what more experienced users have to say.

Phil Rider
Northern Illinois University