4.0106 Greek fonts; Chinese word processors (42)

Wed, 23 May 90 19:10:17 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0106. Wednesday, 23 May 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 22 May 90 18:06:55 EDT (12 lines)
From: cb%kcp.UUCP@XAIT.Xerox.COM (Christopher Bader)
Subject: fonts

(2) Date: Wed, 23 May 90 08:45:40 MDT (30 lines)
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Chinese word processors [eds]

Date: Tue, 22 May 90 18:06:55 EDT
From: cb%kcp.UUCP@XAIT.Xerox.COM (Christopher Bader)

I have compared many Greek fonts, both PC and Macintosh. MacGreek, from
Linguist's Software, is the most complete I have found. It includes all
possible combinations of accents, macrons, subscripts, and breathings.
It does this by backing up the cursor when necessary, both on the screen
and on paper. One of the reasons linguists should prefer Mac's to PC's
is that you can't do this on a PC. The screen cursor on a PC cannot
back up.