4.0132 Notes and Queries (4/43)

Fri, 25 May 90 17:23:42 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0132. Friday, 25 May 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 24 May 90 14:57:25 MDT (12 lines)
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)
Subject: Re: TACT

(2) Date: Thu, 24 May 90 17:25 EST (10 lines)
From: "N. MILLER" <NMILLER@TRINCC>
Subject: The actor in the Babbitt suit

(3) Date: Thu, 24 May 90 18:45:27 MDT (11 lines)
From: John Morris <JMORRIS@UALTAVM>
Subject: More CALI

(4) Date: Thu, 24 May 90 11:43:02 EDT (10 lines)
From: psc90!jdg@dartvax.dartmouth.edu (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "Thanks for OCR & scanner info"

Date: Thu, 24 May 90 14:57:25 MDT
From: koontz@alpha.bldr.nist.gov (John E. Koontz)

In respone to Knut Hofland's queries on concordance programs, I would be
interested to learn more about TACT, the DOS program that he mentions in
passing.

I am afraid I have no leads on Unix concordance programs. There are
basic Unix utilities to (a) build word lists and (b) find examples of
words in particular files.