4.0140 User Interfaces (was Direct Manipulation) (2/50)

Tue, 29 May 90 18:26:39 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0140. Tuesday, 29 May 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 28 May 90 06:36:19 IST (12 lines)
From: Daniel Boyarin <BOYARIN@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0131 Direct Manipulation: A Query

(2) Date: Sun, 27 May 90 22:17:11 EDT (38 lines)
From: "Adam C. Engst" <PV9Y@CORNELLA>

Date: Mon, 28 May 90 06:36:19 IST
From: Daniel Boyarin <BOYARIN@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0131 Direct Manipulation: A Query (1/40)

i am also very interested in what sheizaf had to say anbd could not quite
follow it. however, on the question of macs vs ibms, actually these days
gui's versus word- based interfaced, why don;t we assume that these are
differences of tasted and personal style as allen corre suggests and get
on with making sure that there is equivalent software for doing jobs
with both types of interface. right now for most scholarly work, in the
humanities, i still think nota-bene is the best tool around and that's a
reason to go the ibm route. daniel