4.0161 Rs: Multilingual WP; Raster to Vector/CAD Images (3/60)

Sat, 2 Jun 90 14:46:51 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0161. Saturday, 2 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 01 Jun 90 15:46:30 EDT (26 lines)
From: "Matthew B. Gilmore" <GY945C@GWUVM>
Subject: computing/alphabets/language--Comm. of the ACM

(2) Date: Fri, 01 Jun 90 09:35:42 MEZ (18 lines)
From: Z00WYR01@AWIUNI11
Subject: Re: 4.0155 Asian/N.African Conference Info/Request

(3) Date: Sat, 2 Jun 90 01:45 EST (12 lines)
From: N_EITELJORG@cc.brynmawr.edu
Subject: Re: 4.0107 [...] Autocad

Date: Fri, 01 Jun 90 15:46:30 EDT
From: "Matthew B. Gilmore" <GY945C@GWUVM>

In the May 1990 Communications of the ACM (Association for Computing
Machinery) [CACM] has a whole section:

_Special Section on Alphabets and Language_

* Introduction by Edgar H. Sibley
* Six Digit Coding Method by Jinan Qiao, Yizheng Qiao, Sanzheng Qiao

=coding Chinese=

* Building bilingual microcomputer systems by Murat Tayli and
Abdallah Al-Salamah

=the Integrated Arabic System (IAS) on IBM PC-based machines=

* Typographic style is more than cosmetic by Paul W. Oman and
Curtis R. Cook

=empirical study on effect of typographic style=

* An AI-Based approach to machine translation in Indian
Languages by S. Raman and N. Alwar