4.0175 Internet Resources; BBoards; E-Mail Addresses (4/64)

Wed, 13 Jun 90 18:02:08 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0175. Wednesday, 13 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 13 Jun 90 08:37 EST (20 lines)
From: <PWILLETT@BINGVAXC>
Subject: Internet Resources [eds]

(2) Date: Wed, 13 Jun 90 07:48:49 EDT (16 lines)
From: Elliott Parker <3ZLUFUR@CMUVM>
Subject: Connections between networks

(3) Date: Wed, 13 Jun 1990 08:39 PST (7 lines)
From: "Tony Roder" <TONY@SLACVM>
Subject: Re: List of Bboards

(4) Date: Fri, 8 JUN 90 18:44:59 BST (21 lines)
From: CHAA006@vax.rhbnc.ac.uk
Subject: Re: `Brain dead mailer'

Date: Wed, 13 Jun 90 08:37 EST
From: <PWILLETT@BINGVAXC>

This probably doesn't answer the question about a list of bboards, but
I recently found out about a guide to Internet resources. This 200-page
guide lists many of the resources, like library catalogs, supercomputing
centers, databases like the Dartmouth Dante project, that are available
through the Internet. This list, like all lists, is not complete; there
are for instance only about 15 or so libraries included. Still, it seems
to be a good source of info. It is available through anonymous FTP from
the NSF Network Service Center (Internet address: nnsc.nsf.net), and is
available in either Postscript or ASCII format in subdirectory
"resource-guide". It is fairly large, and the easiest way to get it is
in a compressed file with the *.tar.z extension.

Perry Willett
SUNY-Binghamton
PWILLETT@BINGVAXC