Thu, 14 Jun 90 17:56:53 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0189. Thursday, 14 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Mon, 04 Jun 90 10:48 CDT (21 lines)
From: A10PRR1@NIU
Subject: stamps

(2) Date: Sun, 03 Jun 90 22:40 PDT (10 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0074 Queries

Date: Mon, 04 Jun 90 10:48 CDT
From: A10PRR1@NIU

Arther Ferrill,

I am only a fringe philatelist, so someone else can probably answer
your question better, but in case no one else responds....

Subjects for American commemorative stamps are approved by a panel
appointed (I think) by the Postmaster General. I don't think that,
as a matter of course, the president has a say in what is or is not
approved. But I'm sure that if he wanted to he could.

If you don't get a more informed answer I would suggest that you
send your question to "Linn's Weekly Stamp News" the authoritative
stamp publication. Someone on the staff or among the readership will
certainly know the answer.

Phil Rider
Northern Illinois University