4.0225 Voice Cards (1/25)

Tue, 26 Jun 90 18:14:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0225. Tuesday, 26 Jun 1990.

Date: Tue, 26 Jun 90 14:08:26 PDT
From: Giorgio Perissinott <9824peri@UCSBUXA.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0218 Qs: ... Voice Cards

This is in answer to the inquiry about voice cards. There are, of
course, several on the market. I am personally familiar with an 8bit
card by Covax inc. 765 Conger Street, Eugene, Oregon 97402 (503 342
1271). It is marketed as a Voice recognition system with the name Voice
Master Key. The cost is about $175.00 including software. I have been
using for quite some time and I am pleased with it. I must say,
however, that the end user will probably have to develop his/her own
software. I am currently developing software for Teaching Language
Varieties (L.A. Spanish) using a combination of Hyperpad and My Own
Programming in C. I will glad to correspond with anyone working along
the same lines.

Giorgio Perissinotto
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
University of California