4.0234 Voice Cards (2/38)

Thu, 28 Jun 90 17:43:57 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0234. Thursday, 28 Jun 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 08:43:11 +0200 (17 lines)
From: Espen Ore <espeno%navf-edb-h.uib.uninett@nac.no>
Subject: 4.0218 Qs: ... Voice Cards

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 14:10:51 BST (21 lines)
From: J J Higgins <Higgins@np1a.bristol.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: 4.0218 Qs: ... Voice Cards

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 90 08:43:11 +0200
From: Espen Ore <espeno%navf-edb-h.uib.uninett@nac.no>

A simple but effective system for digitized sound/speech on a computer
is a Macintosh with MacRecorder (a sound sampler) from Farallon
Computing. MacRecorder is an eight-bit sampler, and its best quality is
about the same as old fashioned hi-fi. With two MacRecorders (or some
tricky use of one) you can record stereo sound. The software that comes
with MacRecorder allows for editing of the sounds, and it is possible to
use the sounds (mono) as standard sound resources in HyperCard. I think
the price for the MacRecorder is about $ 200, and you can use it on any
Mac from the Plus and up.

Espen Ore
Bergen, Norway