4.0246 Miscellany: Indexing; Wonk; Voice Card (3/44)

Tue, 3 Jul 90 17:21:26 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0246. Tuesday, 3 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 3 JUL 90 16:06:39 GMT (19 lines)
From: Simon Rae <SA_RAE@ VAX.ACS.OPEN.AC.UK>
Subject: software to aid indexing

(2) Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 00:54:02 EDT (13 lines)
From: Robert Hollander <BOBH@PUCC>
Subject: Re: 4.0235 The Absolute Last Word on "Nerd"

(3) Date: Fri, 29 Jun 90 09:12:50 EDT (12 lines)
From: "Adam C. Engst" <PV9Y@CORNELLA>
Subject: Re: 4.0228 Voice Cards

Date: Tue, 3 JUL 90 16:06:39 GMT
From: SA_RAE@ VAX.ACS.OPEN.AC.UK

A colleague has asked about software to aid/assist in the task of
indexing keywords and concepts contained in two 19th century trade
journals ("BOOKSELLER" and "PUBLISHERS' CIRCULAR"). Neither of the two
journals are available in machine-readable form and there are no plans
to input them.

If anyone has information about software that may be of use would they
respond direct to my e-mail address, I will summarize any replies for
HUMANIST if necessary.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Simon Rae: Research Adviser, Academic Computing Services
The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK.
SA_RAE@VAX.ACS.OPEN.AC.UK (BITNET address or
SA_RAE@UK.AC.OPEN.ACS.VAX JANET address)