4.0298 Queries: WP Fonts; Bibliographic Software (2/100)

Wed, 18 Jul 90 18:03:25 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0298. Wednesday, 18 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 09:26:33 MDT (22 lines)
From: Terry Butler <TBUTLER@UALTAVM>
Subject: Language Characters Printing

(2) Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 16:37:23 EST (78 lines)
From: C. Perry Willett <PWILLETT@BINGVAXC>
Subject: Request for info on bibliographic software

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 09:26:33 MDT
From: Terry Butler <TBUTLER@UALTAVM>

Special Character Printing in Word Perfect 5

One of our faculty is using Word Perfect 5.1 to create camera-ready
copy for a multilingual journal. He has so far been unable to locate
an HP LaserJet II font source which has the COMPLETE set of foreign
language characters so enticingly printed as Character Set 1 in the
Word Perfect manual. (Word Perfect does a lousy job of graphically
simulating these characters with the International Collection fonts,
which he is using for their Western European language characters.)

He requires fonts with a range of sizes (e.g. 6pt for footnotes,
10pt for text, 14pt for headings), roman bold and italic styles,
proportional of course, with the complete range of language characters.

Is there any hope?

Terry Butler Humanities Computing Coordinator, University of Alberta
TButler@VM.UCS.ALBERTA.CA