Thu, 19 Jul 90 18:25:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0301. Thursday, 19 Jul 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 20:39:21 EDT (27 lines)
From: Frank Dane <FDANE@UGA>
Subject: Re: 4.0298 ... WP Fonts ...

(2) Date: 19 Jul 90 13:34:00 EDT (38 lines)
From: "Mary Dee Harris" <mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu>
Subject: Multilanguage Fonts

Date: Wed, 18 Jul 90 20:39:21 EDT
From: Frank Dane <FDANE@UGA>
Subject: Re: 4.0298 Queries: WP Fonts; Bibliographic Software (2/100)

re: WP fonts query

There is a software package called Publisher's Powerpak, from Atech
Software, that does a wonderful job of serving as a 'ghost' printer
for Word Perfect. It serves as a printer as far as WP is concerned,
and then reformats all characters so as to optimize the signals received
by the 'real' printer: laser jet, whatever. Atech's address is
5962 La Place Court, Suite 245, Carlsbad, CA 92008. Their customer
support # is (619) 438-2244 (only number I have, I assume they will
also accept orders and provide pre-sales information).

I have used Powerpak to produce camera ready copy for one journal (with
an HP DeskJet+ printer), and am thrilled with the results. It includes
full font range (from 6 to 90 or something incredibly large) and
reproduces all of the characters in the WP manual with amazing clarity.

Frank Dane, Psychology, Mercer University

[...PS -eds]

I forgot to add that the cost is in the $150 range.
Frank Dane