Tue, 7 Aug 90 20:50:49 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0367. Tuesday, 7 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: [August 7 1990] (15 lines)
From: Harry Hahne <HAHNE@UTOREPAS>
Subject: Re: library lists

(2) Date: Tue, 07 Aug 90 20:08:51 EDT (15 lines)
From: Allen Renear <ALLEN@BROWNVM>
Subject: Library Lists

(3) Date: Tue, 07 Aug 90 10:02:07 BST (21 lines)
From: ZLSIIAS@cms.manchester-computing-centre.ac.uk
Subject: Hebrew fonts

From: Harry Hahne <HAHNE@UTOREPAS>
Date: [August 7 1990]

Charles Ess writes:

>On behalf of my colleagues in our library who've taken a recent shine to
>BITNET -- can HUMANIST readers recommend any lists which would do for
>librarians what HUMANIST does for us (whatever that is)?

Look at Public Access Computer Forum: LIBPACS@UHUPVM1.BITNET
Also Instruction Discussion Group: BI-L@BINGVMB.BITNET

Harry

(2) --------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 90 20:08:51 EDT
From: Allen Renear <ALLEN@BROWNVM>

In addition to the lists mentioned above I recommend...

MLA-L (IUBVM) Mailing list for the Music Library Association
GOVDOC-L (PSUVM) Discussion of Government Document Issues

The are other library-related lists as well. If you send the listserv
command LIST GLOBAL to your nearest listserv you will receive a file
named LISTSERV LISTS which will list all the public listserv lists
currently active.

--Allen allen@brownvm.brown.edu