4.0374 'Topics' Bibliographies (3/64)

Wed, 8 Aug 90 16:37:59 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0374. Wednesday, 8 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 07 Aug 90 22:33:25 EDT (14 lines)
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Topos bibliography

(2) Date: Wed, 08 Aug 90 10:57:58 EDT (28 lines)
From: "Marjorie (Jorie) Woods" <A014@UORVM>
Subject: topics

(3) Date: Tue, 7 Aug 90 20:23:52 PDT (22 lines)
From: gwp@hss.caltech.edu (G. W. Pigman III)
Subject: Re: 4.0368 'Topics' in Rhetoric

Date: Tue, 07 Aug 90 22:33:25 EDT
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

If Monica Paolini reads German, she might wish to look at Walter Veit,
"Toposforschung" in DVLG 37 (1963), 120-163. My own German is almost
non-existent; I read Viet's article with the help of a student. It's
possible it may address some of the issues she is concerned with. I too
recommend George Kennedy's books. She might also wish to join the
International Society for the History of Rhetoric (address to be found,
I think, in any issue of _Rhetorica_ (if not, e-mail to me before Aug.
31 and I'll find it!)

Germaine Warkentin (WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca)