4.0375 Query: Greek on IBMs (1/9)

Wed, 8 Aug 90 16:40:17 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0375. Wednesday, 8 Aug 1990.

Date: Wed, 8 Aug 90 13:50 EST
From: PROF NORM COOMBS <NRCGSH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: Using Greek alphabet on an IBM

I have a colleague who is not on the network yet. He wants to have a
word processor which can handle both English and Greek and a printer
which can print both. For various personal reasons, he prefers an IBM.
Thinking of purchasing a PS2. However, the people at the computer store
know nothing about word processors or printers which will handle Greek.
Obviously, there are dozens of classical scholars on this list who do it
every day. What should I advise my friend to buy?

Norman Coombs