4.0403 Follow-ups: CP/M to DOS; Network Access; Sledd (3/95)

Wed, 22 Aug 90 15:29:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0403. Wednesday, 22 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 10:16:34 CDT (20 lines)
From: Norman Hinton <SSUBIT12@UIUCVMD>
Subject: CPM to DOS

(2) Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 21:06:32 EDT (11 lines)
From: John Unsworth <JMUEG@NCSUVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0397 Network Access for Colleges and Individuals

(3) Date: Tue, 21 Aug 90 12:00 PDT (64 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0395 ... Jim Sledd

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 10:16:34 CDT
From: Norman Hinton <SSUBIT12@UIUCVMD>

Public Brand Software, a shareware firm in Indianapolis, has a disc for
CPM to DOS which allows you to read CPM discs on most PC machines and
clones and dowhatever you want with them. The disc does not include
EVERY CPM appkication, but the PBS catalog specifically mentions
"Kaypro 11/2/2x/4/10/Pro-8" models.

The disc costs $5. If you want to register it with its authors, there
is a further charge, explained on the disc itself.

It is PBS # UX13.1 . The address is Public Brand Software, P.O. Box
51315, Indianapolis, IN 46251, or you czn call 1-800-426-DISK and use
Master CArd or Visa. (there is also a $5 shipping charge.)

I know people are wary about shareware, but I have used quite a lot of
PBS software over the years, and they are quite reliable. They ship
the day after your order is received.