4.0414 Big Science (2/52)

Thu, 23 Aug 90 21:07:29 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0414. Thursday, 23 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 18:25:12 CDT (12 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Re: 4.0408 Big Science

(2) Date: Thu, 23 Aug 90 10:47 PDT (40 lines)
From: KESSLER <IME9JFK@UCLAMVS.BITNET>

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 18:25:12 CDT
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Re: 4.0408 Big Science (1/20)

This is true of "small science" too. When I was studying System Dynamics
and Design at Dartmouth, I once cornered the head of the department in
his office, and forced him to tell me that what he was telling congress
was not what he really thought, or what anyone who had studied systems
in even a single class would think. When he finally told me the truth,
I nearly abandoned hope (all ye who enter here).

Michael S. Hart