4.0433 Analog vs. Digital Watches (3/54)

Tue, 28 Aug 90 22:11:21 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0433. Tuesday, 28 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: 28 Aug 90 00:09:33 EST (12 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS.UPENN.EDU>
Subject: 4.0425 Analog vs. Digital Watches

(2) Date: Mon, 27 Aug 90 21:51 EDT (11 lines)
From: <HANSCHKA@HARTFORD>
Subject: Telling time in school

(3) Date: Tue, 28 Aug 90 14:36:41 CDT (31 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Re: 4.0423 Watches (8/140)

Date: 28 Aug 90 00:09:33 EST
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS.UPENN.EDU>
Subject: 4.0425 Analog vs. Digital Watches (4/100)

But every home should have at least one electric-powered digital clock.
Purpose: to report how long it has been since the last power outage
ended.

And at least one electric-powered analog display clock: to enable you to
calculate how long the power outage lasted. I don't see a way for
either to do both, and both are useful facts to have in hand while
contemplating the status of one's freezer and its contents.