4.0443 Qs: British Network Connections; Genealogical SW (2/46)

Thu, 30 Aug 90 23:18:51 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0443. Thursday, 30 Aug 1990.

(1) Date: 29 Aug 90 23:00:13 (18 lines)
From: Thomas.H.Luxon@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Networks in Britain

(2) Date: Thu, 30 Aug 90 15:18:18 BST (28 lines)
From: Dr Donald A Spaeth <GKHA13@CMS.GLASGOW.AC.UK>
Subject: Family history

Date: 29 Aug 90 23:00:13
From: Thomas.H.Luxon@mac.dartmouth.edu

I'm going to London for six months and will be connected (by spouse)
with the English Department at University College London. I'm bringing
my mac and a few hard disks and I want to know how I can connect myself
to the networks (Internet, Janet, Bitnet, and so on) while I am in
London. I'm willing to buy a modem, or try connecting through an office
at UCL. No one in the English department at UCL has yet answered my
queries. Is there anyone out there who can give me some info? Whom
should I see; what sort of modem should I buy: what should I look out
for as I travel internationally with my equipment and so on. Any info
would be appreciated.

Tom Luxon
Dartmouth College
Thomas.H.Luxon@mac.dartmouth.edu