Thu, 27 Sep 90 18:18:20 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0540. Thursday, 27 Sep 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 26 Sep 90 22:34:09 EDT (15 lines)
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>
Subject: Mac concordance program

(2) Date: Wed, 26 Sep 90 14:31:40 PDT (14 lines)
From: Jonathan Walsh <6500jdw@UCSBUXA.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0521 Further Queries

(3) Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 11:01 MET (14 lines)
From: Hans van Halteren <COR_HVH@KUNRC1.URC.KUN.NL>

Date: Wed, 26 Sep 90 22:34:09 EDT
From: Stephen Clausing <SCLAUS@YALEVM>

In Nancy Ide's text "Pascal for the Humanities" there is the source code
for a simple concordance program. In my Pascal course last fall I had my
students write the program for the Macintosh and make one improvement,
namely the ability to handle files of unlimited size. I would be happy
to pass this on to anyone who is interested. This is a very limited
program, but it is free. My brightest student in the class wrote a
Macintosh interface for the program, but I neglected to keep the source
code. I told him jokingly at the time that he had written the best
concordance program for the Macintosh and if he kept working on this for
another semester he could probably beat out WordCruncher on any
computer. I now think this was no joke.