4.0548 Rs: Lists, esp. Anglo-Saxon and 18th c. (4/86)

Mon, 1 Oct 90 22:02:01 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0548. Monday, 1 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: 28 Sep 90 09:2:00 EDT (32 lines)
From: DAVID REIMER <REIMER@WLUCP6.BITNET>
Subject: Discussion lists

(2) Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 21:21:01 CDT (11 lines)
From: ENCOPE@LSUVM
Subject: 18th Century List

(3) Date: Thu, 27 Sep 90 22:18 EDT (23 lines)
From: FZINN@OBERLIN.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.0538 Queries (4/68)

(4) Date: Thursday, 27 Sep 1990 23:44:07 EDT (20 lines)
From: "Patrick W. Conner" <U47C2@WVNVM>
Subject: 4.0540 Responses: Mac Concording; E-French (3/43)

Date: 28 Sep 90 09:2:00 EDT
From: DAVID REIMER <REIMER@WLUCP6.BITNET>

Norman Coombs asks about Anglo-Saxon and 18th c. English literature
groups. Here are some suggestions that edge a little closer:

C18-L@PSUVM 18th Century Interdisciplinary discussion list
WORDS-L@YALEVM English language discussion list
SHAKSPER@UTORONTO Shakespeare Electronic Conference

These might be places to try. Here's a suggestion, NOT for the
faint-hearted: Our indefatigable list editors once noted that a GLOBAL
command to any listserv node would produce a directory of all "lists"
known to that node. I tried it. It produced a document about 2000
lines long. There is something for everyone ... and more. Sports?
STATLG-L (baseball); SOCCER-L; YACHT-L; HOCKEY-L. Culture? J-FOOD-L
(Japanese food and culture); CHINA-ND (news digest); INDIA-L; IRAQNET
(sic); 9NOV89-L (events around the Berlin wall)...

Natural stuff? QUAKE-L; SEISMD-L; STORM-L...
And striking me as offbeat: NSP-L (Noble Savage Philosophers list);
NUTS (traditional nutty stuff); WONDERLK (recipes for warding off
evil spirits); BRINE-L (Brine shrimp discussion list); DTS-L
(Dead teachers society discussion list)...

Order this directory at your peril!! Speaking of impediments to
research....

David Reimer, Wilfrid Laurier University
REIMER@WLUCP6