4.0567 Qs: Simtel20; BinHex 4.0 (2/28)

Fri, 5 Oct 90 13:54:43 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0567. Friday, 5 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 11:46:08 -0400 (22 lines)
From: gxs11@po.CWRU.Edu (Gary Stonum)
Subject: Simtel20 and how to get there

(2) Date: Thu, 04 Oct 90 10:21:13 PDT (6 lines)
From: Steve Condit <STEVEC@FHCRCVM>
Subject: BinHex 4.0

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 11:46:08 -0400
From: gxs11@po.CWRU.Edu (Gary Stonum)

May I ask again a question asked and answered not that long ago (but
long enough that I can't recall when and hence can't recall the log file
to recall)? It was, I believe, Elliot Parker who explained how to get
to files stored on SIMTEL20 (spelling?) and how to retrieve them. For
Bitnetters the task was tricky; for Internetters with FTP it was pretty
easy if you knew how to use the FTP utility. Having recently acquired
access to the latter (though not yet any practical knowledge), I'd
appreciate a reminder about addresses and procedures. And assuming that
others with other facilities have memories not so other than mine, could
the reminder include the Bitnet instructions as well, so that All You
Need to Know About Simtel appeared in one place.

Gary Lee Stonum
English Department
Case Western Reserve Univ.
gxs11@po.cwru.edu