Wed, 10 Oct 90 16:34:02 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0579. Wednesday, 10 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 09:07 EST (20 lines)
From: Norman Miller <NMILLER@TRINCC>
Subject: Language learning and dreaming

(2) Date: Wed, 03 Oct 90 11:01:56 BST (19 lines)
From: DEL2@phoenix.cambridge.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [4.0556 Words: Plurals ... (4/100)]

(3) Date: Fri, 05 Oct 90 08:32:48 MDT (34 lines)
From: Skip Knox <DUSKNOX@IDBSU>
Subject: Re: 4.0562 Counting Texts (1/43)

Date: Wed, 3 Oct 90 09:07 EST
From: Norman Miller <NMILLER@TRINCC>

Marc Bregman's fascinating dreams turned on a switch in my head. Thanks
entirely to the fact that I've switched workrooms with my spouse and and
have therefore books at hand that I haven't seen or thought of in many
years, I have fished out the following from the Revue Francaise de
Psychanalyse, vol.X no.1, 1938: "Jeu de mots hebraiques. Une langue
nouvellement acquise peut-elle devenir la langue de l'inconscient?" The
paper tells of polyglot dreams including Russian, Polish, German, Arabic
as well as Hebrew. One involves dreams about a mouse, but since the
Yiddish for mouse is close to the Hebrew for luck...(Remember how we
used to love that sort of thing? Ou sont les innocents d'antan?) The
author, chers lecteurs, is Emmanuel Velikovsky. As Casey Stengel said,
you can look it up.

N. Miller