4.0595 Lists for Humanists (3/186)

Tue, 16 Oct 90 20:11:05 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0595. Tuesday, 16 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: 15 Oct 90 23:3:00 EDT (30 lines)
From: DAVID REIMER <REIMER@WLUCP6.BITNET>
Subject: More "lists"

(2) Date: Tue, 16 Oct 90 01:35 EST (11 lines)
From: Ezra Zubrow <APYEZRA@UBVMS.BITNET>
Subject: Re: 4.0587 Lists for Humanists (1/56)

(3) Date: Tue, 16 Oct 90 07:21 EDT (145 lines)
From: "Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <PMW1@PSUVM>

Date: 15 Oct 90 23:3:00 EDT
From: DAVID REIMER <REIMER@WLUCP6.BITNET>

Others will undoubtedly add to the list that Ken Steele began. Certainly
a directory of "academic" lists in the humanities would be useful. I
cannot attest to the "credentials" of all the following lists. Any
comments on "quality" from HUMANISTs who subscribe to some of these?

BUDDHIST@JPNTOHOK Indian & Buddhist studies forum
HEGEL@VILLVM Hegel Society discussion list
IOUDAIOS@YORKVM1 1st century Judaism discussion forum
LORE@NDSUVM1 Folklore discussion list
PMC-TALK@NCSUVM Post-modern culture discussion list
PHILOSOP@YORKVM1 Philosophy discussion forum
WHIM@TAMVM1 Discussion list for humour studies

As previous postings have mentioned, there are vast numbers of
discussion lists out there. The LIST GLOBAL command gets you most
of them. These additional selections could have been expanded, but
I have left aside lists that are (to my knowledge) "peered" and
those whose subject for discussion remained obscure (as in
NSP-L@RPICICGE, Noble Savage Philosophers mailing list...).

Hope this helps.

David Reimer, Wilfrid Laurier University
REIMER@WLUCP6