4.0615 Dictionary Utilities (1/25)

Mon, 22 Oct 90 19:22:27 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0615. Monday, 22 Oct 1990.

Date: 22 Oct 90 10:19:00 EDT
From: "Mary Dee Harris" <mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu>
Subject: Dictionary Utilities

I am forwarding this message from Ken Litkowski who has developed a
very useful set of dictionary maintenance utilities. I have worked with
them some and they are definitely worth the money, if you need the tools
to create and/or maintain a lexicon. Please feel free to respond through
me (mdharris@guvax.bitnet or mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu) if you can't
get through to ken on compuserve (address below).

"Utilities for creating/maintaining Natural Language Processing
dictionaries - a set of PC programs for creating and maintaining
dictionaries for natural language processing, including slots for
ordinary dictionary definitions, feature and role lists, instance and
superclass links, and semantic interpretation rules. Routines to
convert dictionary into ASCII, LISP, or Prolog format. Includes sample
dictionaries, Microsoft C source code, and user documentation.
Undergoing active development - soon to be able to access machine
readable dictionaries. Available for $50, with licensing agreements
for classroom or business use. Contact Ken Litkowski, CL Research,
20239 Lea Pond Place, Gaithersburg, MD 20879, or through INTERNET at
"71520.307@compuserve.com"."