4.0617 Rs: Nietzsche Etexts; Gaelic; Bus. Ethics fiction (4/74)

Mon, 22 Oct 90 20:35:50 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0617. Monday, 22 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90 11:37:30 EDT (18 lines)
From: Stephen Spangehl <SDSPAN01@ULKYVM>
Subject: 4.0608 Qs: ...fiction...

(2) Date: Sat, 20 Oct 90 19:04 EDT (10 lines)
From: <BCJ@PSUVM>
Subject: Re: 4.0608 Qs: ... business ethics fiction...

(3) Date: 22 Oct 90 11:43:54 bst (19 lines)
From: K.P.Donnelly@edinburgh.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Gaelic courses

(4) Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90 08:56:18 -0400 (EDT) (27 lines)
From: Leslie Burkholder <lb0q+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Nietzsche etexts

Date: Fri, 19 Oct 90 11:37:30 EDT
From: Stephen Spangehl <SDSPAN01@ULKYVM>
Subject: 4.0608 Qs: Nietzsche Etexts; business ethics fiction... (5/66)

Naturally, any of Dreiser would work well: THE FINANCIER, SISTER
CARRIE, etc. all have major moral issues involving business and
businessmen. F. Pohl & C. Kornbluth's sci-fi novel THE SPACE MERCHANTS
looks at advertising and marketing from an interesting perspective (but
it's in and out-of-print unpredicatably). If you include film as a
species of literature (even without a printed script) then WORKING GIRL
and WALL STREET and lots of others (back to CASH MC CALL and earlier)
would make great subjects for discussion. Just out on video is CRAZY
PEOPLE, which explores the notion of honesty in advertising.

* Reply to SDSPAN01 @ ULKYVM.BITNET, or *
* call 502-588-7289 (office) or 502-245-0319 (home) *