4.0623 Nietzsche Etexts (from Malcolm Brown) (1/33)

Tue, 23 Oct 90 22:56:01 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0623. Tuesday, 23 Oct 1990.

Date: Tue, 23 Oct 90 09:16:19 -0700
From: Malcolm Brown <mbb@jessica.stanford.edu>
Subject: Nietzsche e-texts

Since I've received a number of inquiries about the
Nietzsche corpus, I thought that I'd post this update.

I've been working on the corpus for the past two years.
The entire contents of the Colli/Montinari edition have
been scanned. This includes the published works (Werke),
the unpublished essays (Schriften), and the unpublished
notes (Nachlass).

Scanning is complete. Spell-checking and proofing are
complete for the Schriften and Nachlass. I expect to have
finished the Werke by 1 January 91.

Once proofing is done, the contents will be tagged according
to the TEI guidelines. The project is officially affliated
with the TEI.

Currently I have *no* rights to distribute the files. I've
written to deGruyter in Berlin (they hold the copyright for
the German), but have heard nothing. Although I'm hoping to
make the files generally available, I also don't relish the
idea of being named in a lawsuit. Hence, until I can get some
indication from deGruyter, I am hesitant to distribute the
files.

In light of copyright restraints, suggestions for distribution
are quite welcome.

Suggestions for lighting a fire under deGruyter are welcome as well.

Malcolm Brown
Stanford