4.0629 Misc: Warts; Brand Names; Pen Pals (3/108)

Tue, 23 Oct 90 23:29:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0629. Tuesday, 23 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: 17 Oct 90 23:24:32 EDT (13 lines)
From: SJPORTE@asc.upenn.edu
Subject: re: 4.0602 Misc: ... Bibliography & Warts;

(2) Date: Tue, 16 Oct 90 20:58:06 EDT (14 lines)
From: Germaine Warkentin <WARKENT@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Broad thoughts from at home

(3) Date: Tue, 23 Oct 90 13:42 EDT (81 lines)
From: <HANSCHKA@HARTFORD>
Subject: Re: Pen pals [for 12-13 year-olds]

Date: 17 Oct 90 23:24:32 EDT
From: SJPORTE@asc.upenn.edu
\ubject: re: 4.0602 Misc: MacConcordance; Bibliography & Warts; Taxes

To Sarah Horton, regarding a warty biography:

Definitely a laudable project. But be careful about how broadly you
prune out "negative" books. I'd suggest including at least one with a
balanced view of the topic, judging the negative effects on curriculum
that a computer can have, and how to circumvent these effects.

Jeff Porten, Annenberg School for Communication (sjporte@asc.upenn.edu)