4.0636 Rs: Stylistic Analysis/Authorship Attribution (2/27)

Fri, 26 Oct 90 11:28:07 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0636. Friday, 26 Oct 1990.

(1) Date: Thu, 25 Oct 90 09:07:22 EDT (11 lines)
From: Lloyd Gerson <GERSON@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Re: 4.0632 Q: Analysis of Style, Attribution of Authorship

(2) Date: Thu, 25 Oct 90 00:39 EDT (16 lines)
From: Michel LENOBLE <LENOBLEM@umtlvr.bitnet>

Date: Thu, 25 Oct 90 09:07:22 EDT
From: Lloyd Gerson <GERSON@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

purpose of author attribution, I can recommend very highly a book by G.
R. Ledger titl ed Re-Counting Plato. A Computer Analysis of Plato's
Style. In this book the a uthor explains in great detail the method of
mutivariate stylistic analysis whi ch I believe is portable to texts in
languages other than Greek, making the app ropriate adjustments of
course. The book was published in 1989 by OUP.