4.0711 Announcements: New List; TLG/L-Base; Utilities (3/107)

Tue, 13 Nov 90 09:46:15 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0711. Tuesday, 13 Nov 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 7 Nov 90 19:17 EDT (53 lines)
From: Diane Kovacs <LIBRK329@ksuvxa.kent.edu>
Subject: New List Announcement

(2) Date: Wed, 7 Nov 90 14:17 CST (28 lines)
From: John Baima <D024JKB@UTARLG>
Subject: Searching the TLG

(3) Date: 5 Nov 90 09:57:00 EST (26 lines)
From: "Mary Dee Harris" <mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu>
Subject: Ken Litkowski's Dictionary Utilities

Date: Wed, 7 Nov 90 19:17 EDT
From: Diane Kovacs <LIBRK329@ksuvxa.kent.edu>

New List Announcement:

LibRef@KENTVM "Discussion of Library Reference Issues"

This list is a discussion of the changing environment of library
reference services and activities. Topics include traditional reference
services, patron expectations, staff training, as well the impact of
CD-ROM and online searching on reference service.

This forum will serve as a professional networking and information
source. We will share ideas, solutions and experiences.

Owners =

Diane Kovacs dkovacs@kentvm
Laura Bartolo lbartolo@kentvm
Gladys Bell gbell@kentvm
Mary DuMont mdumont@kentvm
Julie McDaniel jmcdanie@kentvm
Carolyn Radcliff cradclif@kentvm
Kara Robinson krobinso@kentvm
Barbara Schloman bschloma@kentvm

This list is run from the LISTSERV at Kent State University and
moderated by the Reference Librarians at Kent State University
Libraries. The Internet address of the LISTSERV is
LISTSERV@library.kent.edu.

You may subscribe to this list by sending a subscribe command by
interactive message or by e-mail. To subscribe by interactive message,
send the command:

"SUB LIBREF yourfirstname yourlastname"

to LISTSERV@KENTVM. For example:

IBM VM CMS users would enter

tell listserv at kentvm "sub libref A. Librarian"

VAX VMS users would enter

send listserv@kentvm "sub libref A. Librarian"

You may also subscribe by send mail to LISTSERV@KENTVM with the command
"SUB LIBREF-L your name" in the body of the mail item.

Please do NOT send these commands to the list address LIBREF@KENTVM.
Doing so will cause your request to be broadcast to all subscribers and
will not cause your name to be added to the list.