4.0815 Qs: Latin Lexica; Jon Boring e-Address (2/22)

Wed, 5 Dec 90 20:51:17 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0815. Wednesday, 5 Dec 1990.

(1) Date: Wed, 5 Dec 90 13:55 GMT (13 lines)
From: Don Fowler <DPF@vax.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: Latin lexica

(2) Date: Wed, 5 DEC 90 15:52:14 GMT (9 lines)
From: Ruth Glynn <RGLYNN@UK.AC.OXFORD.VAX>
Subject: Email address wanted

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 90 13:55 GMT
From: Don Fowler <DPF@vax.oxford.ac.uk>

A query on behalf of my colleague David Cram. He is interested in early
modern lexicography, and would like any references to discussion of
lexica, indexes etc to individual classical authors and their relation to
the development of general lexicography: anything from straightforward
bibliography to cultural history (he is a linguist). I remember a
HUMANIST discussion about biblical concordances (references?): anything
more on that would also be welcome.

Don Fowler