Wed, 2 Jan 91 17:10:37 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0858. Wednesday, 2 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: 27 Dec 90 13:38:26 (33 lines)
From: Otmar.K.E.Foelsche@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Re: 4.0849 Queries

(2) Date: 27 Dec 90 15:45:27 (29 lines)
From: Otmar.K.E.Foelsche@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Re: 4.0852 German E-Mail

(3) Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 10:06:40 PST (16 lines)
From: Joseph Jones <USERLJOE@UBCMTSL.BITNET>
Subject: The term "Judeo-Christian"

Date: 27 Dec 90 13:38:26
From: Otmar.K.E.Foelsche@mac.dartmouth.edu
Subject: Re: 4.0849 Queries (3/44)

From: Randal Baier <REBX@CORNELLC>
Subject: Poland E-Mail Sites?

This is an open request to any HUMANIST member who has made Internet
or BITNET contacts with sites in Poland. Basically we are considering
sending full-text files (or messages) using network capabilities.
A specific point: what are the size limits on FILE vs. E-MAIL trans-
missions?

Obviously we all do this right now. Are there any problems in sending
messages to Poland. Do the connections stay open consistently?
Is there a list of internet -accessible nodes that one can download
-------------

A quick search by using "RESOLVE" provides nodes for Warsaw:

PLWATU21
PLWAUW12

and for Wroclaw (formerly Breslau)

PLWRTU11
PLWRTU51

There don't seem to be any Internet sites available yet. Internet has
reached several institutions in former West Germany but none in former
East Germany yet.

Otmar Foelsche