Sun, 6 Jan 91 16:54:10 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0865. Sunday, 6 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 4 Jan 91 6:24:23 cst (27 lines)
From: "Francis,Bill" <RISKS@GRIN1.Bitnet>
Subject: Genealogy Shareware

(2) Date: 04 Jan 91 14:46:02 gmt (18 lines)
From: D.Mealand@edinburgh.ac.uk
Subject: Information on Latin Parser

Date: Fri, 4 Jan 91 6:24:23 cst
From: "Francis,Bill" <RISKS@GRIN1.Bitnet>

RKaras of PennSAS asks about genealogy software. Thn best source for
all shareware that I know of is a small company entitled "Public Brand
Software." They list five genealogy packages.

I like PBS because:

-they are easy to reach (1-800-426-3475)
-they have a 100 page catalog that they will mail to you free
-the catalog is updated about twice a year and they make sure that you
get a new one if you order regularly
-they rate the shareware on various criteria in the catalog
-they charge $5 a disk -- it is up to you to pay any shareware fees
to the software authors
-they have a BBS that allows downloads of all their software. The fee
is $50 a year for thy use of the board one hour a day.

There are many tools that Humanists might use listed in the catalog.

Note: This is DOS ONLY (sorry Mac users, still searching for a
comparable source).

Bill Francis