4.0899 ACH/ALLC 91: Air Fares; Software Fair (2/91)

Thu, 17 Jan 91 11:02:54 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0899. Thursday, 17 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 16:53:11 MST (30 lines)
From: Dan Brink <ATDXB@ASUACAD>
Subject: TWA airfare code

(2) Date: Tue, 15 Jan 91 17:46:22 MST (61 lines)
From: Peter Lafford <IDPAL@ASUACAD>
Subject: ACH/ALLC '91 Software Fair

Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 16:53:11 MST
From: Dan Brink <ATDXB@ASUACAD>

TWA conference code and other vital matters:

The special fares on TWA can be obtained by mentioning
ACH, or by using the reference CV10845. There is an
800 number as well: 800/325-4933

These rates are only good for travel within the U.S. I tried
for special rates for other airlines, but to no avail. I did
find that Air Canada has a travel club (called Canadian Club,
I believe) which is "partners" with Delta, which might be of
some benefit to those in that club.

If you are traveling from England, I have found Virgin Atlantic to
be inexpensive and very pleasant (from Gatwick); one would fly to
Los Angeles, and connect to Phoenix on America West or Southwest, both
of which have low fares (if purchased early).

I have also heard from a number of people who want to arrive early,
something I did not anticipate. You CAN get into the conference
dorm early at the published rate. Same for the Howard Johnson's and
Holday Inn.

Daniel Brink, Associate Dean for Technology Integration
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-1701
602/965-7748/1441 fax -1093 ATDXB@ASUVM.INRE.ASU.EDU