4.0912 Metaphor: At ACH/ALLC 91; On Humanist (3/55)

Sun, 20 Jan 91 17:12:09 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0912. Sunday, 20 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: 18 Jan 91 11:16:00 EST (17 lines)
From: "Mary Dee Harris" <mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu>
Subject: ACH/ALLC Session on Metaphor

(2) Date: Thu, 17 Jan 91 15:53 EST (24 lines)
From: <JFCOVALE@SUNRISE>
Subject: RESPONSES TO LAKOFF

(3) Date: Fri, 18 Jan 91 09:33 EDT (14 lines)
From: "Ed Harris, Academic Affairs, So Ct State U"
Subject: War and metaphor

Date: 18 Jan 91 11:16:00 EST
From: "Mary Dee Harris" <mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu>

In light of the discussion of Lakoff's article on Metaphor and War, I
wanted to let the readers of Humanist to know that, in my capacity as ACH
Liaison to ACL (Association for Computational Linguistics), I have
organized a session at ACH/ALLC '91 called, "Artificial Intelligence
Approaches to the Study of Metaphor," with papers by three of the people
doing recent research on the topic. I don't yet know that day and time,
but I believe it will be an interesting session.

Mary Dee Harris
mdharris@guvax.bitnet
mdharris@guvax.georgetown.edu