4.0957 Queries: MLA Bibliography; Student Choices (2/51)

Wed, 30 Jan 91 09:44:24 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0957. Wednesday, 30 Jan 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 29 Jan 91 10:57:30 +0100 (31 lines)
From: nubo001@convex.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (H. Borchers)
Subject: MLA bibliography query

(2) Date: Mon, 28 Jan 91 09:35 EST (20 lines)
From: Prof Norm Coombs <NRCGSH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: Student career choices

Date: Tue, 29 Jan 91 10:57:30 +0100
From: nubo001@convex.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (H. Borchers)

I take it that MLA Bibliography is available for online searching
through DIALOG Information Services and through the H.W. Wilson
Company's WILSONLINE. Apparently, the 1981-89 volumes are also
available on CD-ROM through the Wilson Company's WILSONDISC Program.

My questions:

1) If you've worked with either of the two methods, what are the pros
and cons?

2) What is the price tag on the CD-ROM method (for the initial disks
and the updates -- not for the CD player?)

3) Is the online service -- either DIALOG or WILSONLINE -- accessible
thru our academic networks (Internet or Bitnet)? If so, do I have to
subscribe and what are the conditions?

4) If the online service is not accessible thru our networks, how is
it accessible?

Thank you in advance for tips and information.

Hans Borchers, University of Tuebingen, Germany
nubo001@convex.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de