Tue, 5 Feb 91 14:56:41 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 0980. Tuesday, 5 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 13:12 EDT (18 lines)
From: <MARSH@LEMOYNE>
Subject: RE: 4.0973 Qs: ... Outlining...

(2) Date: Mon, 4 Feb 91 01:00:15 EST (18 lines)
From: david j reimer f <dreimer4@mach1.wlu.ca>
Subject: Outline program

(3) Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 9:28:47 EST (25 lines)
From: RANDALL N - ENGLISH <nrandall@watserv1.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject: Outlining...

Date: Tue, 5 Feb 91 13:12 EDT
From: <MARSH@LEMOYNE>

On outlining: I use PC-Outline, which comes bundled with WORDSTAR, but
which can be purchased from Brown Bag software. New version was
promised about a year ago but I don't know if it's out. I find it is
really easy to use. Most of the commands are the same as WORDSTAR and
there is an export/import pull-down menu that targets WORDSTAR
compatability specifically. All menus are pull-down and documentation
is thorough. Of special interest to me is the capability to support 7
windows at once. I outline, then put my outline in a window, then open
another window and use the word-processing capability. I compose in that
window while scrolling my outline at the top half of the screen.
Windows are moveable and able to be sized as you please.
Leonard Marsh