4.1026 Rs: Greek Statistics; Megawriter (2/29)

Wed, 13 Feb 91 22:30:28 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1026. Wednesday, 13 Feb 1991.

(1) Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 17:53:59 EST (16 lines)
From: "Steven J. DeRose" <EL406011@BROWNVM>
Subject: Greek statistics

(2) Date: Sun, 10 Feb 91 23:14 EST (13 lines)
From: FZINN@OBERLIN.BITNET
Subject: Re: 4.1008 Qs: ... Megawriter

Date: Wed, 13 Feb 91 17:53:59 EST
From: "Steven J. DeRose" <EL406011@BROWNVM>

of Greek:

Some work has been done on information theoretic characterization
of Greek; I dealt with Koine' fairly extensively in my dissertation,
including most of the statistics requested; it is available from
UMI per usual methods (Brown Univ. 1989, "Stochaastic Methods for
Resolution of Grammatical Category Ambiguity in Inflected and
Uninflected Languages"). I can't say how well the figures would
transfer to classical Greek, however.

SJD