4.1116 Rs: Technical Terminology Databases; Czech CALL (3/47)

Sat, 2 Mar 91 22:18:52 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1116. Saturday, 2 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 20:14:44 +0100 (MET) (25 lines)
From: garof@sixcom.sixcom.it (Joe Giampapa)
Subject: Re: queries to Humanist

(2) Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 11:34:56 -0500 (11 lines)
From: William J Frawley <billf@brahms.udel.edu>
Subject: Re: 4.1109 Queries

(3) Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 09:20:34 -0500 (11 lines)
From: Joel Goldfield <joel@lambada.acs.unc.edu>
Subject: Czech CALL

Date: Fri, 1 Mar 91 20:14:44 +0100 (MET)
From: garof@sixcom.sixcom.it (Joe Giampapa)

> From: microsoft!marcosi@uunet.uu.net [...]
> 2) I would like to know if there exist any linguistical databases,
> both on disks/CD or on an accessible remote server, for technical
> terminology, especially computer science, for the following [...]
> Marco Simionato (microsoft!marcosi@uunet.uu.net)

There is a technical CD series done for Isvor/Fiat, in Italian and
English, for training FIAT CAD engineers. It combines realtime video
with a tutorial and quiz, which is technical (mathematics, CAD
workstation specifics) and concentrates on explaining technical english.
It is not a lexicon, but part of an inhouse training course.

It was done on contract work for Isvor/Fiat (Fiat's training company). I
translated the Italian to US English in December 1989, and described it
in a paper I wrote for the Education Training Technology Event, the
Hague, Netherlands (October 1990).

-Joe Giampapa
garof@sixcom.it