4.1120 Software: Indexing, Cyrillic, Editions (3/56)

Mon, 4 Mar 91 19:32:52 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 4, No. 1120. Monday, 4 Mar 1991.

(1) Date: Sun, 03 Mar 91 16:07 EST (17 lines)
From: "Joel Elliott" <JELIOT@UNC>
Subject: Indexing Software?

(2) Date: Mon, 4 Mar 91 01:07 EST (14 lines)
From: N_EITELJORG@cc.brynmawr.edu
Subject: Re: 4.1115 ...Cyrillic/Windows

(3) Date: Sun, 3 Mar 91 15:33 EST (25 lines)
From: Clifford Flanigan <FLANIGAN@IUBACS>
Subject: RE: 4.1114 Q: Database & Collation SW for Editions

Date: Sun, 03 Mar 91 16:07 EST
From: "Joel Elliott (jeliot@unc)" <JELIOT@UNC>

Hello,

Has anyone out there come across (or developed) software to assist
in the compilation of book indices? I know that many word processing
programs have indexing capability, but in many cases the indexer has
only galley proofs to work from. I'm thinking of a program that
would allow you to create "cards," then sort/collate them for
export. I suppose one could do this with a dBase compatible
program. Has anyone had experience with this? Ideas on the
construction of such a program welcomed.

Joel Elliott <jeliot@unc.bitnet>
UNC-Chapel Hill